The role of an estimator is to work as part of the estimating team to quantify and price various projects. This includes, but is not limited to: maintaining an open line of communication with suppliers and customers to cultivate strong relationships, ensuring project information is up-to-date and accurate, estimating medium-sized projects, and assisting junior estimators when needed. Estimators will also learn to use more advanced programs such as Viewpoint and PowerBI.
- Communicate with sales team to obtain up-to-date tender documents for construction projects.
- Communicate with suppliers to obtain and/or confirm accurate pricing.
- Quantify and price small to large sized projects.
- Learn and utilise Power BI to analyze project pricing and historical data.
- Learn and utilize Viewpoint to enter awarded job information for company use.
- Conduct hand-off meetings with project managers and draftspeople for awarded projects.
- Assist junior estimators with any questions regarding their duties
- Update CRM software with new project information.
- Reach out to installers for feedback on past quoted Elemex House projects.
Essential Knowledge & Skills/Education:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of building & construction industry.
- Ability to read and understand advanced architectural drawings and specifications.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Leadership skills an asset.
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite and ability to quickly learn new programs.
- Perform quantity surveying with speed and accuracy.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com